Family New Year’s Countdown
***Family New Year’s Countdown is SOLD OUT! Click “Register Now” to join the waitlist.***
Ring in the New Year before bedtime at our annual Family New Year’s Countdown!
We’re celebrating with traditions from around the world.
- Finland: Create DIY noise-makers using tin materials, a sign of good luck!
- Colombia: Carry suitcases through our Street Where You Live gallery to ensure good travels in 2020.
- Philippines: Decorate your own circles and coins, in hopes of prosperity for the coming year.
- Spain: Count down by eating 12 lucky raisins (dried grapes), one for each month of the year.
- South Africa: Celebrate in style with brightly coloured face paint
- Scotland: Celebrate Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year, with stories around a pretend indoor campfire.
- Denmark: Get ready to leap into the New Year by chair jumping!
Plus, more of your favourite activities, including:
- Dance the afternoon away with DJ Alpha
- Get your sparkle on with a glitter tattoo
- Take in a star show in our mini planetarium
- Enjoy an Early Years play space exploring all that’s shiny and bright
Pick Your Celebration
- Morning Celebration: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Countdown 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Celebration: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Countdown 3:00 p.m.
- Please note: The Children’s Museum will close between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to prepare for the afternoon celebration.
- Children 2+ and adults: $11
- Toddlers 12 - 23 months: $6
- Infants under 12 months: FREE
- Members: FREE (Membership does not guarantee admission. Registration is required.)
Mark your calendars! Ticket sales begin Saturday, November 16 at 10:00 a.m.
Thank you to our event sponsor, Davis Martindale!
Did You Know?
London Children’s Museum members receive FREE admission to events like BOOseum and Family New Year’s Countdown!
Not a London Children’s Museum? Become one today!