Imagine a classroom with a dinosaur, cave, polar bear, space shuttle, tree house and a vibrant community street. Watch science, heritage and arts come alive for your students at the London Children’s Museum! Give your students a memorable and fun experience with a full week of curriculum-based hands-on learning.
Museum School London provides elementary students with a week of learning and discovery. This innovative, award-winning approach to education allows teachers to move their classroom to a museum setting for a full week of curriculum-based, experiential learning. Programming is shared between the museum staff and the classroom teacher who has access to the various exhibits and resources of the museum site during their teacher-led time.
- Elementary students (Kindergarten - Grade 6) spend a full week at the Children’s Museum for a series of hands-on, experiential learning activities.
- The program is developed by teachers with teachers!
- Prior to your Museum School week, a Children’s Museum Educator (also a qualified teacher) will work with you to determine a curriculum topic to be covered. The Children’s Museum Educator will then create a curriculum-connected program tailored to the needs of your classroom.
- You will lead 1 hour/day and can book a gallery to facilitate your students’ journal time in an interactive way. For example, fossil shows & riddles in the dinosaur caves, art journals in the arctic, and math & money in Sifton Street Where You Live.
- Our Children’s Museum Educators will lead 2 hours/day based on the Children’s Museum’s hands-on learning philosophy integrating our resources such as our museum collection, scientific equipment & exhibits.
- Sample of Museum School programs and schedule
For additional information, subsidy eligibility, or to book your week of Museum School, please contact:
Education & Digital Strategy Specialist
London Heritage Council