Imagine a classroom with a dinosaur, cave, polar bear, space shuttle, treehouse, and a vibrant community street. Watch science, heritage, and arts come alive for your students at the London Children’s Museum! Give your students a memorable and fun experience with a full week of curriculum-based hands-on learning.
Museum School London provides elementary students with a week of learning and discovery. This innovative, award-winning approach to education allows teachers to move their classroom to a museum setting for a full week of experiential learning. Programming is shared between the museum staff and the classroom teacher who has access to the various exhibits and resources of the museum site during their teacher-led time.
- Elementary students (Kindergarten - Grade 6) spend a full week at the Children’s Museum for a series of hands-on, experiential learning activities.
- The program is developed by teachers with teachers!
- Prior to your Museum School week, a Children’s Museum Education Specialist and Ontario-certified teacher will work with you to determine a curriculum topic to be covered. The Children’s Museum Education Specialist will then create a curriculum-connected program tailored to the needs of your classroom.
- You will lead 1 hour/day and can book a gallery to facilitate your students’ journal time in an interactive way. For example, fossil shows & riddles in the dinosaur caves, art journals in the arctic, and math & money in Sifton Street Where You Live.
- Our Children’s Museum Education Specialist will lead 2 hours/day based on the Children’s Museum’s hands-on learning philosophy integrating our resources such as our museum collection, scientific equipment & exhibits.
For additional information, subsidy eligibility, or to book your week of Museum School, please contact:
London Heritage Council