New Year’s Family Celebration is back! Ring in 2023 with the whole family at our daytime New Year’s Eve party.
Celebrate New Year's Eve with traditions from around the world!
- Finland: Create DIY noise-makers using tin materials, a sign of good luck!
- Denmark: Leap into the New Year with chair jumping.
- Spain: Count down by eating 12 lucky raisins (dried grapes), one for each month of the year.
- Colombia: Carry suitcases through our Street Where You Live gallery to ensure good travels in 2023.
- Greece: Hang an onion in a door frame to welcome growth at the start of the year.
- Germany: Melt wax and pour it into cold water to read your fortune.
- Philippines: Create spirographs for prosperity and wellness.
- Outer Space: Celebrate like an astronaut on the International Space Station as it circles Earth 16 times on New Years Eve!
- Dance your heart out with The Alpha DJ Company
- Take a selfie at the NYE photo booth
- Share your wish for 2023 on the collaborative wishing wall
- Bring luck into the new year in the Early Year’s play space.
- Countdown with a ball drop and juice toast as you make a wish or promise for the new year!
Pick Your Celebration
- Morning Celebration: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Countdown at 11:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Celebration: 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Countdown at 3:45 p.m.
Please note: The Children’s Museum will close between 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to prepare for the afternoon celebration.
- Children 2+: $13 +HST
- Adults: $13 +HST
- Toddlers 12-23 months: $7 +HST
- Infants under 12 months: FREE
- Members: 30% off tickets! (Membership does not guarantee admission. Registration is required) Learn more about membership options here.